Who can nominate?
Nominations can be filed by any agency or organization or individual that has formulated / funded /implemented a geospatial project/ technology or policy throughout the Asia-Pacific region. The submission should necessarily be for a project/ technology or policy that has been implemented within the last
two years i.e. December 2012 till date.
What can be nominated?
Nominations are being invited under three categories.
Geospatial Application Excellence Awards: Geospatial user organizations shall be invited to submit their nominations for making excellent usage of
geospatial tools in following fields:
- Construction planning and management
- Disaster Management and mitigation
- Environment protection, monitoring and management
- Geology and Mining
- Law Enforcement
- Oil and Gas
- Public safety
- Transportation management
- Urban Planning
- Utilities- Water, Power
- Geospatial Apps
The award will be given to the user organization along with credit to the developer of the application.
Geospatial Technology Innovation Awards:
Geospatial companies are invited to submit their nominations for bringing innovations in following fields of technology developments:
- Image and Data Processing
- 3D visualization and modeling
- Sensors and surveying instruments
- Web / Enterprise GIS
- Mobile mapping
- Printing/Plotting/Scanning technologies
- Topographic surveying instruments.
- Cloud computing
The award will be given to the developer of the technology.
Geospatial Policy Implementation:
Policy makers and implementers whose work directly impacts in development of geospatial science, technology and business on a national,
regional as well as a global scale are eligible to submit their nominations for this category. The short-listing and selection procedure
for this category will necessarily have to cover aspects of end member benefits, actual policy implementation as well as the tangible as well
as intangible benefits to the geospatial industry and mankind at large.
Who is eligible for the award?
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Public Private Partnership
The awards will be presented to the organization that has implemented the project and or owns the innovation or has formulated and implemented a
policy. In case of the Geospatial Application Excellence Award, the implementing agency as well as the developing agency will be given credit.
Criterion for rejection of any of the nominations:
NOTE: If multiple nominations are received for the same project/product/policy, the best submitted nomination (complete in all aspects) will be short listed
provided it does not fall in the above listed reasons.
- All incomplete forms will be summarily rejected.
- Wrongly nominated (Category).
- Projects/Products/Policies not connected with the geospatial domain.
- Projects, Products, Policies – at a drawing board stage.
- No tangible achievements or socio-economic benefits
- False claims.